Are you wondering if Big Fish Small Fish is halal? Well, is this place halal or not? Don’t worry; we researched and found the answer to that question. You can double-check for yourself too.
- Does Big Fish Small Fish Have A Halal Certificate From JAKIM?
- About Big Fish Small Fish
- How Do I Check The Halal Status Of Big Fish Small Fish?
- How Do I Check Which Big Fish Small Fish Outlets Have Been Certified Halal By JAKIM?
- Why Is The JAKIM Halal Certificate For Big Fish Small Fish Important?
- Please Be Careful
Does Big Fish Small Fish Have A Halal Certificate From JAKIM?
People always ask if Big Fish Small Fish is halal. We’re tired of answering that question, so we went to Halal Malaysia Directory to check if they have JAKIM Halal certification.
And the answer is:
Yes (Under company name)
Please refer to the screenshot from the JAKIM portal below:
If the answer is Yes, it means:
- Food Hack Sdn Bhd, a company, has obtained halal certification from JAKIM
- However, perhaps some of the premises may not have gotten the certification yet
- This is because obtaining halal certification for each premise takes time
If the answer is No, there are a few possibilities:
- Maybe Food Hack Sdn Bhd hasn’t applied for the halal certification yet
- Possibly Food Hack Sdn Bhd has applied it, but it hasn’t been approved
- Perhaps Food Hack Sdn Bhd is deliberately not applying
- Lastly, maybe we made a mistake and didn’t find the right keyword
- If we’re wrong, please correct us
About Big Fish Small Fish
Big Fish Small Fish is a popular fish and chips chain in Malaysia that has gained a following among locals and tourists. The chain serves up a variety of fish and chips dishes, as well as other seafood options, in a fun and casual setting.
The menu at Big Fish Small Fish features a range of fish options, including salmon, dory, and squid, which can be battered, fried, or grilled. Customers can also choose from various sauces, including garlic butter, curry sauce, and tartar sauce, to complement their fish.
One of the unique features of Big Fish Small Fish is their “fish and crisps” concept. Customers can choose from various types of crisps, including classic, salted egg, sour cream and onion, to accompany their fish. This allows for a customisable and personalised dining experience.
Aside from fish and chips, Big Fish Small Fish also offers a variety of other seafood dishes, such as prawns, calamari, and scallops. The chain also has a selection of sides, including fries, onion rings, salad, drinks, and desserts.
Big Fish Small Fish has multiple locations throughout Malaysia, with outlets in Klang Valley. The chain has become a popular spot for casual dining and is known for its friendly service and fresh seafood.
Big Fish Small Fish is an excellent option for anyone looking to enjoy delicious fish and chips or other seafood dishes in Malaysia’s fun and casual setting.
|Brand||Big Fish Small Fish|
|Menu||List of Big Fish Small Fish menu|
|Outlet||List of Big Fish Small Fish outlet|
|Company||Food Hack Sdn Bhd|
|Address||Lot LG 221C, Lower Ground Floor, 1 Utama Shopping Centre, No. 1, Lebuh Bandar Utama, 47800 Petaling Jaya, Selangor|
How Do I Check The Halal Status Of Big Fish Small Fish?
If you’re looking for information about the halal status of Big Fish Small Fish, then it’s easy to check on the JAKIM portal.
It is Malaysia’s official website for halal certification and provides precise and reliable information about the halal status of different products and services. With just a few clicks, you can easily determine if Big Fish Small Fish is certified halal.
We recommend that you double-check on JAKIM’s halal website. Have a look for yourself and be sure. The process is pretty straightforward. Just search on the Halal Malaysia Directory. Easy peasy.
Follow the steps to check the halal status of Big Fish Small Fish below:
- Visit https://www.halal.gov.my/v4/
- Look for the Verify Halal Status box
- Type in the keyword
- For example, type in the brand name ‘ Big Fish Small Fish ‘ or company name ‘Food Hack Sdn Bhd’
- Press the Search button
- If there is a JAKIM halal certificate, there will be information displayed
- If there is no JAKIM halal certificate, nothing will be displayed
How Do I Check Which Big Fish Small Fish Outlets Have Been Certified Halal By JAKIM?
So, if you’re wondering which outlets have been certified halal by JAKIM, you can just read on to find out.
However, this check can only be done if the company is certified halal. Remember, halal status on the company level is one thing. And the halal status on the premise level is one thing.
Follow these steps to check if Big Fish Small Fish premise has been certified halal by JAKIM:
- At the “Please Select State” section, you can leave it blank to view the list of all Malaysia states or choose from the list:
- Negeri Sembilan
- Pulau Pinang
- Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan
- Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya
- In the “Kategori / Skim” section, you will see a long list:
- Hotel & Resort
- Premis Makanan
- Menu Makanan
- Barang Gunaan
- Rumah Sembelihan
- Click on “Premis Makanan”.
The list of Name & Address of Big Fish Small Fish premises that have been certified by JAKIM will be displayed.
- Please take note of the Expiry Date of the halal certificate.
- You’re done!
Why Is The JAKIM Halal Certificate For Big Fish Small Fish Important?
If a company like Little Cravings Sdn Bhd receives a JAKIM halal certificate, it has met the requirements and guidelines set out by the Malaysian Islamic Development Department for its premises.
These requirements include that Big Fish Small Fish must only use halal ingredients that comply with the law and follow Islamic guidelines.
Not only that, but they must also have a halal kitchen and follow halal guidelines for food preparation and storage.
The JAKIM halal certificate issued to Big Fish Small Fish allows users to identify premises that serve halal food and follow Islamic food preparation and control guidelines.
Please Be Careful
Just a reminder, as Muslims, let’s avoid making assumptions like this:
- If you see someone wearing a hijab eating inside Big Fish Small Fish, don’t assume the premise is confirmed halal
- If you see one of the employees wearing a hijab, don’t assume the premise is halal
- Don’t assume that just because something is labelled “No Pork, No Lard” or “No Alcohol” it’s automatically halal and okay to eat.
Yes, you have the freedom to spend your money however you please.
But if you opt for permissible things that fall within the scope of halal, you can enjoy a blissful meal without guilt.
We hope that the question about Big Fish Small Fish halal status has been answered.
Remember, it’s important to look for halal things.
Be careful when choosing a restaurant or eatery.
You won’t starve if you can’t have Big Fish Small Fish.
May Allah protect us from haram things.
May Allah forgive our sins.
I hope this is helpful.