Big Fish Small Fish is a prominent dining establishment in Malaysia known for its unique concept of serving a wide array of fish in varying sizes, coupled with delectable sides. This restaurant has gained popularity for its distinctive approach and dedication to delivering customers high-quality, fresh seafood.
Now, a frequently asked question among the Muslim community in Malaysia is, “Is Big Fish Small Fish Halal-certified?”
Big Fish Small Fish halal or not?
Is Big Fish Small Fish halal?
Yes, Big Fish Small Fish is listed in JAKIM’s Halal Malaysia Directory. It would be best for you to directly reference the updated JAKIM directory or the restaurant’s official site for the most accurate information.
Does Big Fish Small Fish have halal certificate from JAKIM?
Yes, Food Hack Sdn Bhd, a company behind Big Fish Small Fish, does possess a halal certificate from JAKIM. This certification implies that the restaurant’s food offerings comply with the strict halal guidelines, promising customers they can dine confidently, knowing that the food adheres to Islamic dietary laws. The certification is a testament to the restaurant’s commitment to upholding these dietary standards, assuring its Muslim clientele about the permissibility of the food consumed.
The JAKIM halal certification denotes that the restaurant has been through an extensive verification process, where every aspect of food preparation, from sourcing ingredients to cooking methods, has been scrutinized and validated. The certification is not merely a piece of paper but a declaration of the restaurant’s commitment to maintaining the highest halal standards. This commitment to uphold halal compliance guarantees that Big Fish Small Fish serves more than just delicious meals, but also peace of mind for its customers who follow halal dietary rules.
How to verify the halal status of Big Fish Small Fish?
To verify the halal status of Big Fish Small Fish, it is important to follow the appropriate steps to ensure authenticity. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to verify the halal status of Big Fish Small Fish through the ‘Verify Halal Status’ search bar in JAKIM Halal Malaysia Directory at halal.gov.my:
- Visit the Official JAKIM Halal Malaysia Directory Website: Your first step is to navigate to the official JAKIM Halal Malaysia Directory website at halal.gov.my. The site is managed by the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM), which is the authoritative body responsible for halal certification in Malaysia.
- Access the ‘Verify Halal Status’ Search Bar: Once on the website, look for the ‘Verify Halal Status’ search bar. It is typically located on the homepage for easy accessibility.
- Enter the Brand Name: In the search bar, enter “Big Fish Small Fish.” Make sure to spell it correctly to get accurate search results.
- Click on ‘Search’ or Press Enter: After typing the name, click on the ‘Search’ button or press the Enter key. This will generate a list of results related to the brand name you have entered.
- View the Search Results: Browse through the search results. If Big Fish Small Fish is certified halal by JAKIM, it should appear in the list of results.
- Check the Status and Certification Details: Click on the relevant search result. This should lead you to a page where you can view detailed information about the halal status of Big Fish Small Fish, including the certification number, date of issue, and expiry date.
- Contact JAKIM for Further Clarification: If you are unable to find the information you need or if you have any doubts about the search results, you can contact JAKIM directly for further clarification.
Remember, it’s essential to regularly check the status of your favourite brands as the halal certification might have an expiry date. It’s always better to stay informed and enjoy your meals with complete peace of mind.
Why is the JAKIM halal certificate for Big Fish Small Fish important?
The JAKIM Halal certificate is important for Big Fish Small Fish for several reasons:
- Increasing Consumer Confidence: The JAKIM Halal certificate assures Muslim consumers that the food items and services offered by Big Fish Small Fish comply with the strict Islamic dietary regulations. This means that they can enjoy their meals without worrying about the ingredients used.
- Access to the Muslim Market: The Malaysian market is predominantly Muslim, and the Halal certification opens a significant segment of the market for Big Fish Small Fish. It gives the brand an opportunity to cater to the dietary needs of this vast consumer base.
- Boosting Brand Reputation: The JAKIM Halal certification is recognized worldwide and is synonymous with quality and safety. This contributes to enhancing the reputation of Big Fish Small Fish and helps the brand position itself as a trustworthy name in the food industry.
- Competitive Advantage: Having a recognized Halal certification can provide Big Fish Small Fish with a unique selling point over competitors who do not have this certification. It sets them apart in the highly competitive food industry.
- International Market Expansion: The JAKIM Halal certification is not only recognized in Malaysia but also internationally. This opens doors for Big Fish Small Fish to expand their business operations to other Muslim-majority countries.
- Ensuring Compliance with Legal Requirements: The Halal certification ensures that Big Fish Small Fish is adhering to the legal requirements for serving food to Muslims. This can help the company avoid legal complications and penalties.
In a nutshell, having the JAKIM Halal certificate is a testament to Big Fish Small Fish’s commitment to quality, safety, and customer satisfaction.
How to check which Big Fish Small Fish outlets have been certified halal by JAKIM?
Follow these steps to check if Big Fish Small Fish premise has been certified halal by JAKIM:
- At the “Please Select State” section, you can leave it blank to view the list of all Malaysia states or choose from the list:
- Negeri Sembilan
- Pulau Pinang
- Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan
- Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya
- In the “Kategori / Skim” section, you will see a long list:
- Hotel & Resort
- Premis Makanan
- Menu Makanan
- Barang Gunaan
- Rumah Sembelihan
- Click on “Premis Makanan”.
The list of Name & Address of Big Fish Small Fish premises that have been certified by JAKIM will be displayed.
- Please take note of the Expiry Date of the halal certificate.
- You’re done!
How to contact Big Fish Small Fish in Malaysia?
You can contact Big Fish Small Fish in Malaysia through various methods depending on your preference or immediate need. These range from using their website to making a direct phone call, visiting their physical address, sending an email, or reaching out through their social media platforms. Here’s a detailed listicle describing each method:
- Website: Visit the official Big Fish Small Fish website. Typically, you can find a “Contact Us” page where you can fill out a form with your questions or concerns. The company usually responds within a few days.
- Phone: You can call Big Fish Small Fish directly at 018-2817747 for immediate queries. As of now, the phone number for their Malaysian branch is private. You may need to visit their website or social media platforms for the information you have.
- Address: If you prefer a face-to-face approach, you can visit one of their restaurant locations. Be sure to check the opening hours before your visit. The address for their outlets in Malaysia can be found on their website or through an online map service.
- Email: Another way to get in touch with Big Fish Small Fish is by sending an email. This method is suitable for non-urgent queries, complaints, or suggestions. The email address is usually provided on their website under the “Contact Us” section.
- Social Media: Big Fish Small Fish is also active on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter. You can send a direct message (DM) or mention them in a post to get their attention. Be sure to follow or like their page for updates and promotions.
Please remember, when you reach out, be clear and precise with your query or feedback to ensure a prompt and accurate response.