Are you wondering if Chunz is halal? Well, is this place halal or not? Don’t worry; we researched and found the answer to that question. You can double-check for yourself too.
Does Chunz Have A Halal Certificate From JAKIM?
People always ask if Chunz is halal. We’re tired of answering that question, so we went to Halal Malaysia Directory to check if they have JAKIM Halal certification.
And the answer is:
Please refer to the screenshot from the JAKIM portal below:
If the answer is Yes, it means:
- Edibles Sdn Bhd, a company, has obtained halal certification from JAKIM
- However, perhaps some of the premises may not have gotten the certification yet
- This is because obtaining halal certification for each premise takes time
If the answer is No, there are a few possibilities:
- Maybe Edibles Sdn Bhd hasn’t applied for the halal certification yet
- Possibly Edibles Sdn Bhd has applied for it, but it hasn’t been approved
- Perhaps Edibles Sdn Bhd is deliberately not applying
- Lastly, maybe we made a mistake and didn’t find the right keyword
- If we’re wrong, please correct us
In November 2018, Chunz opened its first Korean corn dog kiosk in Malaysia, becoming the country’s first Jakim halal-certified Korean corn dog brand. They have expanded to 18 outlets nationwide, from Kedah to Johor.
Chunz aims to introduce freshly made Korean corn dogs and establish them as a staple delicacy amongst Malaysians. Korean corn dogs, which feature a coating of cornmeal batter that has been deep-fried and are served on a wooden stick, are the perfect mix of sweet and savoury and are popular street food in Korea. Chunz believes that Malaysians’ love and openness to new cuisines make it an ideal addition to the ever-growing variety of food in the country.
Chunz carries various food choices made mostly from scratch and with premium ingredients. Their premium chicken sausage, stretchy cheese, chicken fillet, beef sausage, fancy toppings, and selection of sauces are from 100% Jakim halal-certified suppliers. While six of their outlets are currently halal-certified, the others are in the process of obtaining certification.
|Menu||List of Chunz menu|
|Outlet||List of Chunz outlet|
|Company||Edibles Sdn Bhd|
|Address||No 25-1, Jalan 17/56, Seksyen 17, 46400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor|
Can I Check The Halal Status Of Chunz?
Yes, you can.
If you’re looking for information about the halal status of Chunz, then it’s easy to check on the JAKIM portal.
It is Malaysia’s official website for halal certification and provides precise and reliable information about the halal status of different products and services. With just a few clicks, you can easily determine if Chunz is certified halal.
We recommend that you double-check on JAKIM’s halal website. Have a look for yourself and be sure. The process is pretty straightforward. Just search on the Halal Malaysia Directory. Easy peasy.
Follow the steps to check the halal status of Chunz below:
- Visit https://www.halal.gov.my/v4/
- Look for the Verify Halal Status box
- Type in the keyword
- For example, type in the brand name ‘ Chunz ‘ or company name ‘Edibles Sdn Bhd’
- Press the Search button
- If there is a JAKIM halal certificate, there will be information displayed
- If there is no JAKIM halal certificate, nothing will be displayed
Can I Check Which Chunz Outlets Have Been Certified Halal By JAKIM?
Yes, you can,.
So, if you’re wondering which outlets have been certified halal by JAKIM, you can just read on to find out.
However, this check can only be done if the company is certified halal. Remember, halal status on the company level is one thing. And the halal status on the premise level is one thing.
Follow these steps to check if Chunz premise has been certified halal by JAKIM:
- At the “Please Select State” section, you can leave it blank to view the list of all Malaysia states or choose from the list:
- Negeri Sembilan
- Pulau Pinang
- Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan
- Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya
- In the “Kategori / Skim” section, you will see a long list:
- Hotel & Resort
- Premis Makanan
- Menu Makanan
- Barang Gunaan
- Rumah Sembelihan
- Click on “Premis Makanan”.
The list of Name & Address of Chunz premises that have been certified by JAKIM will be displayed.
- Please take note of the Expiry Date of the halal certificate.
- You’re done!
Why Is The JAKIM Halal Certificate For Chunz Important?
If a company like Little Cravings Sdn Bhd receives a JAKIM halal certificate, it has met the requirements and guidelines set out by the Malaysian Islamic Development Department for its premises.
These requirements include that Chunz must only use halal ingredients that comply with the law and follow Islamic guidelines.
Not only that, but they must also have a halal kitchen and follow halal guidelines for food preparation and storage.
The JAKIM halal certificate issued to Chunz allows users to identify premises that serve halal food and follow Islamic food preparation and control guidelines.
Please Be Careful
Just a reminder, as Muslims, let’s avoid making assumptions like this:
- If you see someone wearing a hijab eating inside Chunz, don’t assume the premise is confirmed halal
- If you see one of the employees wearing a hijab, don’t assume the premise is halal
- Don’t assume that just because something is labelled “No Pork, No Lard” or “No Alcohol” it’s automatically halal and okay to eat.
Yes, you have the freedom to spend your money however you please.
But if you opt for permissible things that fall within the scope of halal, you can enjoy a blissful meal without guilt.
We hope that the question about Chunz halal status has been answered.
Remember, it’s important to look for halal things.
Be careful when choosing a restaurant or eatery.
You won’t starve if you can’t have Chunz.
May Allah protect us from haram things.
May Allah forgive our sins.
I hope this is helpful.