Is Famous Amos halal? Are you wondering whether this place is halal or not? Don’t worry; we have researched it and found the answer to that question. You can double-check for yourself too.
Does Famous Amos Have A Halal Certificate From JAKIM?
People always ask if Famous Amos is halal. We’re tired of answering that question, so we went to Halal Malaysia Directory to check if they have JAKIM halal certification.
And the answer is:
Please refer to the screenshot from the JAKIM portal below:
If the answer is Yes, it means:
- The Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Corp (M) Sdn Bhd, a company, has obtained halal certification from JAKIM
- However, perhaps some of the premises may not have gotten the certification yet
- This is because obtaining halal certification for each premise takes time
If the answer is No, there are a few possibilities:
- Maybe The Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Corp (M) Sdn Bhd hasn’t applied for the halal certification yet
- Possibly The Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Corp (M) Sdn Bhd has applied for it, but it hasn’t been approved
- Perhaps The Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Corp (M) Sdn Bhd is deliberately not applying
- Lastly, maybe we made a mistake and didn’t find the right keyword
- If we’re wrong, please correct us
About Famous Amos
Famous Amos Malaysia is a franchise of the popular American cookie brand, Famous Amos. The first Famous Amos store in Malaysia was opened in 1984, and since then, the brand has grown to become one of the most well-known cookie brands in the country.
Famous Amos Malaysia is famous for its freshly baked cookies made from premium ingredients, such as real butter, chocolate chips, and nuts. The brand’s signature cookie is the Chocolate Chip Pecan, made with semi-sweet chocolate chips and crunchy pecans. Other popular flavours include Butterscotch Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, and Double Chocolate Chip.
Apart from cookies, Famous Amos Malaysia also offers a range of baked goods, such as muffins, brownies, and cakes. The brand is also known for its gift tins and boxes, which make great gifts for special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, and festivals.
Famous Amos Malaysia has over 50 stores nationwide in major cities such as Kuala Lumpur, Penang, and Johor Bahru. The brand is also available for online orders, allowing customers to enjoy freshly baked cookies from the comfort of their own homes.
In addition to its delicious cookies, Famous Amos Malaysia is committed to giving back to the community in addition to its delicious cookies. The brand has partnered with various charities and organisations to support causes such as education, healthcare, and disaster relief.
|Menu||List of Famous Amos menu|
|Outlet||List of Famous Amos outlet|
|Company||The Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Corp (M) Sdn Bhd|
|Phone Number||03-7882 6192|
|Address||B-11-01, The Ascent, Paradigm, No. 1, Jalan SS7/26A, Kelana Jaya, 47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor|
Can I Check The Halal Status Of Famous Amos?
Yes, you can.
If you’re looking for information about the halal status of Famous Amos, then it’s easy to check on the JAKIM portal.
It is Malaysia’s official website for halal certification and provides precise and reliable information about the halal status of different products and services. With just a few clicks, you can easily determine if Famous Amos is certified halal.
We recommend that you double-check JAKIM’s halal website. Have a look for yourself and be sure. The process is pretty straightforward. Just search on the Halal Malaysia Directory. Easy peasy.
Follow the steps to check the halal status of Famous Amos below:
- Visit https://www.halal.gov.my/v4/
- Look for the Verify Halal Status box
- Type in the keyword
- For example, type in the brand name ‘ Famous Amos ‘ or company name ‘The Famous Amos Chocolate Chip Cookie Corp (M) Sdn Bhd.’
- Press the Search button
- If there is a JAKIM halal certificate, there will be information displayed
- If there is no JAKIM halal certificate, nothing will be displayed
Can I Check Which Famous Amos Outlets Have Been Certified Halal By JAKIM?
Yes, you can.
So, if you’re wondering which outlets have been certified halal by JAKIM, you can just read on to find out.
However, this check can only be done if the company is certified halal. Remember, halal status on the company level is one thing. And the halal status on the premise level is one thing.
Follow these steps to check if Famous Amos premise has been certified halal by JAKIM:
- At the “Please Select State” section, you can leave it blank to view the list of all Malaysia states or choose from the list:
- Negeri Sembilan
- Pulau Pinang
- Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan
- Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya
- In the “Kategori / Skim” section, you will see a long list:
- Hotel & Resort
- Premis Makanan
- Menu Makanan
- Barang Gunaan
- Rumah Sembelihan
- Click on “Premis Makanan”.
The list of Name & Address of Famous Amos premises that have been certified by JAKIM will be displayed.
- Please take note of the Expiry Date of the halal certificate.
- You’re done!
Why Is The JAKIM Halal Certificate For Famous Amos Important?
If a company like Famous Amos receives a JAKIM halal certificate, it has met the requirements and guidelines set out by the Malaysian Islamic Development Department for its premises.
These requirements include that Famous Amos must only use halal ingredients that comply with the law and follow Islamic guidelines.
Not only that, but they must also have a halal kitchen and follow halal guidelines for food preparation and storage.
The JAKIM halal certificate issued to Famous Amos allows users to identify premises that serve halal food and follow Islamic food preparation and control guidelines.
Please Be Careful
Just a reminder, as Muslims, let’s avoid making assumptions like this:
- If you see someone wearing a hijab eating inside Famous Amos, don’t assume the premise is confirmed halal
- If you see one of the employees wearing a hijab, don’t assume the premise is halal
- Don’t assume that just because something is labelled “No Pork, No Lard” or “No Alcohol” it’s automatically halal and okay to eat.
Yes, you have the freedom to spend your money however you please.
But if you opt for permissible things that fall within the scope of halal, you can enjoy a blissful meal without guilt.
We hope that the question about Famous Amos halal status has been answered.
Remember, it’s important to look for halal things.
Be careful when choosing a restaurant or eatery.
May Allah protect us from haram things.
May Allah forgive our sins.
I hope this is helpful to you.