Is HWC Coffee halal? Are you wondering whether this place is halal or not? Don’t worry; we have researched it and found the answer to that question. You can double-check for yourself too.
- Does HWC Coffee Have A Halal Certificate From JAKIM?
- HWC Coffee Said They’re Halal Certified. Is It True?
- About HWC Coffee
- Can I Check The Halal Status Of HWC Coffee?
- Can I Check Which HWC Coffee Outlets Have Been Certified Halal By JAKIM?
- Why Is The JAKIM Halal Certificate For HWC Coffee Important?
- Please Be Careful
Does HWC Coffee Have A Halal Certificate From JAKIM?
People always ask if HWC Coffee is halal. We’re tired of answering that question, so we went to Halal Malaysia Directory to check if they have JAKIM halal certification.
And the answer is:
Please refer to the screenshot from the JAKIM portal below:
If the answer is Yes, it means:
- Palaterium Sdn Bhd, a company, has obtained halal certification from JAKIM
- However, perhaps some of the premises may not have gotten the certification yet
- This is because obtaining halal certification for each premise takes time
If the answer is No, there are a few possibilities:
- Maybe Palaterium Sdn Bhd hasn’t applied for the halal certification yet
- Possibly Palaterium Sdn Bhd has applied for it, but it hasn’t been approved
- Perhaps Palaterium Sdn Bhd is deliberately not applying
- Lastly, maybe we made a mistake and didn’t find the right keyword
- If we’re wrong, please correct us
HWC Coffee Said They’re Halal Certified. Is It True?
Based on the Facebook post here, they made an announcement.
Here’s the summary:
HWC Coffee takes pride in serving the highest quality speciality coffee in the world, and we understand the importance of providing our Muslim customers with the same exceptional experience. Recently, we received a Halal certificate from JAKIM for our brand stores in Pavilion Bukit Jalil, IKANO Power Centre, Sunway Putra Mall, and IOI City Mall, Putrajaya.
From the beginning, HWC Coffee has served Muslim-friendly speciality coffee and pastries. We are thrilled to announce that we have obtained Halal certification, which means you can now enjoy our speciality coffee and food with complete peace of mind. Our coffee and food are prepared following Halal requirements, and the certification is a rigorous process that ensures all ingredients and processes meet strict guidelines. So you can trust that our coffee and food are of the highest quality and carefully prepared.
At HWC Coffee, we believe that coffee should be more than just a beverage; it should be an experience that awakens your senses and brings joy to your day. That’s why we use only the finest speciality coffee beans, roasted with care to bring out their full flavour and aroma. Whether you prefer a classic espresso or a creamy latte, our coffee will satisfy your taste.
We are dedicated to providing the best possible experience for our customers, and we are committed to expanding our Halal-certified stores. I’d like you to please stay tuned for more updates on our ongoing Halal certification process for other stores.
But there has yet to be a status on the Halal JAKIM website at the time of writing. We will keep you updated.
About HWC Coffee
HWC Coffee’s story began in 2016, when Penny Lim and a group of coffee roasters and cuppers founded the company. The name “HWC” (Hei Wo) was inspired by the black soil known as chernozem, which is vital for growing high-quality coffee beans. In 2017, HWC Coffee established a coffee plantation in Panama that provided comprehensive services, from bean cultivation to roasting.
Currently, the company has 70 stores in Taiwan and distributes its products globally. From 2017 to 2019, HWC Coffee was selected by China Airlines to provide beverages for the presidential jets and as an official souvenir for the 58th Golden Horse Awards in 2021.
In 2022, HWC Coffee partnered with Malaysia’s largest subscription-based platform, Subplace, to commence its overseas expansion, starting with Malaysia.
|Menu||List of HWC Coffee menu|
|Outlet||List of HWC Coffee outlet|
|Company||Palaterium Sdn Bhd|
|Address||22A, Jalan Perdana 6/8B, Pandan Perdana, 55300 Cheras, Kuala Lumpur|
Can I Check The Halal Status Of HWC Coffee?
Yes, you can.
If you’re looking for information about the halal status of HWC Coffee, then it’s easy to check on the JAKIM portal.
It is Malaysia’s official website for halal certification and provides precise and reliable information about the halal status of different products and services. With just a few clicks, you can easily determine if HWC Coffee is certified halal.
We recommend that you double-check on JAKIM’s halal website. Have a look for yourself and be sure. The process is pretty straightforward. Just search on the Halal Malaysia Directory. Easy peasy.
Follow the steps to check the halal status of HWC Coffee below:
- Visit https://www.halal.gov.my/v4/
- Look for the Verify Halal Status box
- Type in the keyword
- For example, type in the brand name ‘ HWC Coffee ‘ or company name ‘Palaterium Sdn Bhd’
- Press the Search button
- If there is a JAKIM halal certificate, there will be information displayed
- If there is no JAKIM halal certificate, nothing will be displayed
Can I Check Which HWC Coffee Outlets Have Been Certified Halal By JAKIM?
Yes, you can.
So, if you’re wondering which outlets have been certified halal by JAKIM, you can just read on to find out.
However, this check can only be done if the company is certified halal. Remember, halal status on the company level is one thing. And the halal status on the premise level is one thing.
Follow these steps to check if HWC Coffee premise has been certified halal by JAKIM:
- At the “Please Select State” section, you can leave it blank to view the list of all Malaysia states or choose from the list:
- Negeri Sembilan
- Pulau Pinang
- Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan
- Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya
- In the “Kategori / Skim” section, you will see a long list:
- Hotel & Resort
- Premis Makanan
- Menu Makanan
- Barang Gunaan
- Rumah Sembelihan
- Click on “Premis Makanan”.
The list of Name & Address of HWC Coffee premises that have been certified by JAKIM will be displayed.
- Please take note of the Expiry Date of the halal certificate.
- You’re done!
Why Is The JAKIM Halal Certificate For HWC Coffee Important?
If a company like Little Cravings Sdn Bhd receives a JAKIM halal certificate, it has met the requirements and guidelines set out by the Malaysian Islamic Development Department for its premises.
These requirements include that HWC Coffee must only use halal ingredients that comply with the law and follow Islamic guidelines.
Not only that, but they must also have a halal kitchen and follow halal guidelines for food preparation and storage.
The JAKIM halal certificate issued to HWC Coffee allows users to identify premises that serve halal food and follow Islamic food preparation and control guidelines.
Please Be Careful
Just a reminder, as Muslims, let’s avoid making assumptions like this:
- If you see someone wearing a hijab eating inside HWC Coffee, don’t assume the premise is confirmed halal
- If you see one of the employees wearing a hijab, don’t assume the premise is halal
- Don’t assume that just because something is labelled “No Pork, No Lard” or “No Alcohol” it’s automatically halal and okay to eat.
Yes, you have the freedom to spend your money however you please.
But if you opt for permissible things that fall within the scope of halal, you can enjoy a blissful meal without guilt.
We hope that the question about HWC Coffee halal status has been answered.
Remember, it’s important to look for halal things.
Be careful when choosing a restaurant or eatery.
May Allah protect us from haram things.
May Allah forgive our sins.
I hope this is helpful.