Secret Recipe is a highly recognized and popular culinary brand in Malaysia. Known for its wide variety of cakes, pastries, and gourmet dishes, Secret Recipe has successfully established its presence with over 440 outlets, not only in urban areas but also in suburban locales across the country.
However, a frequent question that arises among potential customers of Secret Recipe in Malaysia is: Is the food served at Secret Recipe Halal?
Secret Recipe halal or not?
Is Secret Recipe halal?
Yes, Secret Recipe, a prominent restaurant chain renowned for its delectable cakes, pastries, and a variety of meals, is indeed a certified Halal establishment. It is listed in JAKIM’s (Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia) Halal Malaysia Directory, which is available on their official site, halal.gov.my.
This certification implies that all ingredients used in Secret Recipe’s offerings are in compliance with Islamic dietary laws, which prohibit certain categories of food and drink. For instance, the restaurant uses halal-certified meats, and it does not use alcohol or any other haram (forbidden) substances in the preparation of its dishes.
Furthermore, this certification means that Secret Recipe adheres to strict rules regarding the sourcing, storage, preparation, and serving of food to ensure that there is no cross-contamination with non-halal items. This allows Muslim customers to enjoy their meals with the peace of mind that their dietary requirements are being respected.
So, whether you’re there for a hearty meal or to indulge in their famous cakes, you can be assured that all delicacies served by Secret Recipe are in accordance with the principles of Halal.
Does Secret Recipe have halal certificate from JAKIM?
Yes, Secret Recipe has indeed secured a halal certification from JAKIM. This accreditation stands as an authentic confirmation that the food and beverages served at Secret Recipe uphold the halal standards as prescribed by Islamic law. The certification is not simply granted, but rather, it is the result of a meticulous examination process carried out by JAKIM.
This process involves scrutinizing the restaurant’s sourcing of raw ingredients, preparation methods, and cleanliness among other factors, all to ensure that every part of the food production conforms to halal guidelines.
Therefore, customers can enjoy their meal at Secret Recipe with complete assurance, knowing that the food served is halal, and the establishment respects and adheres to these stringent halal standards.
How to verify the halal status of Secret Recipe?
To verify the halal status of Secret Recipe, you can follow these straightforward steps:
- Access the Official Website: The foremost step is to visit the official website of JAKIM Halal Malaysia Directory, which is www.halal.gov.my.
- Find the ‘Verify Halal Status’ Search Bar: On the home page, look for the ‘Verify Halal Status’ search bar. This is usually located at the top or center of the webpage, and is easily noticeable.
- Input the Name of the Establishment: In the search bar, type in “Secret Recipe”. Be sure to spell it correctly to get the accurate results.
- Click on the Search Icon: After typing the name, click on the search icon, often depicted as a magnifying glass, next to the search bar.
- Examine the Search Results: The website will then generate a list of results related to your search. Look for “Secret Recipe” in the list.
- Check the Halal Status: Once you’ve located “Secret Recipe”, click on it to view its details. Within these details, you should be able to find the current halal status of the restaurant.
- Look for the Certificate: For further confirmation, look for the Halal Certification number. This is a unique number given to each establishment that has been granted halal status by JAKIM. You may also be able to view the valid dates for the certification.
- Contact JAKIM for Further Verification: If you are still unsure or need more information about the Halal status of “Secret Recipe”, you can contact JAKIM directly through the contact details provided on the website.
By following these steps, you can easily verify the halal status of Secret Recipe or any other establishment. It’s important to note that the halal status may change over time, so it’s a good idea to check back periodically to ensure the status is current.
Why is the JAKIM halal certificate for Secret Recipe important?
JAKIM halal certificate is important due to several reasons, particularly for global franchises like Secret Recipe. Here are some of the most compelling reasons this certification holds significance:
- Trust and Assurance for Consumers: A JAKIM Halal certificate guarantees that the food products sold by Secret Recipe abide by Islamic laws. This gives Muslim consumers peace of mind, knowing that they are consuming food products that are acceptable within their faith.
- Expanded Customer Base: Receiving a JAKIM Halal certificate allows Secret Recipe to cater to Malaysia’s predominantly Muslim population, thereby significantly expanding its potential customer base. It also allows the brand to reach out to Muslim consumers globally.
- Improved Brand Reputation: Having a JAKIM Halal certificate enhances the reputation of Secret Recipe, as it shows that the company respects and adheres to the religious and cultural values of its customers. This can lead to greater customer loyalty and brand affinity.
- Compliance with Malaysian Law: As part of Malaysian law, food outlets are required to obtain a Halal certification from JAKIM. Compliance with this regulation not only avoids potential legal complications but also demonstrates the brand’s commitment to aligning with local regulations.
- Increased Marketability: With the rise of Halal tourism, having a JAKIM Halal certificate can increase the marketability of Secret Recipe. This is because many Muslim tourists often seek out eateries with Halal certification when travelling.
- Quality Assurance: The process of obtaining a JAKIM Halal certification involves stringent checks and audits. Therefore, having this certification also works as a testament to the high standards of hygiene and quality maintained by Secret Recipe.
By securing the JAKIM Halal certification, Secret Recipe is able to uphold its commitment to serving quality and permissible food to its customers, thereby reinforcing its position as a respected global brand.
How to contact Secret Recipe in Malaysia?
Sure, contacting Secret Recipe in Malaysia is relatively easy and direct. This renowned restaurant chain is readily accessible and responsive to customer inquiries. Here are a few effective ways that you can get in touch with them:
- Website: The official website of Secret Recipe Malaysia (https://www.secretrecipe.com.my) provides a lot of useful information. You can explore their menu, find their outlets, and get the latest updates about special promotions. On their ‘Contact Us’ page, you can fill out a form detailing your inquiry or feedback, which they will respond to via email as soon as possible.
- Phone: You can directly call the Secret Recipe’s headquarters in Malaysia for any immediate concerns or feedback. Their contact number is +603-5623 5500. Please note that their operating hours are from Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays), from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm.
- Address: If you prefer face-to-face interaction, you can visit Secret Recipe’s headquarters in Malaysia. Their physical address is Secret Recipe Cakes & Café Sdn Bhd, No. 5, Jalan Pelukis U1/46 Temasya Industrial Park, Seksyen U1 40150 Shah Alam, Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
- Email: Sending an email is another easy way to contact Secret Recipe. You can send your concerns, feedback, or inquiries to their official email address: [email protected]. They usually respond within a few business days.
- Social Media: You can also reach out to Secret Recipe via their social media platforms. They are active on Facebook (@SecretRecipeMsia), Instagram (@secretrecipemy), and Twitter (@secretrecipemy). They often respond to direct messages and comments on these platforms.
Choose any of the above methods that suits your convenience to contact Secret Recipe in Malaysia.