Shihlin Malaysia is a popular franchise that brings the authentic taste of Taiwan’s street food to the heart of Malaysia. Known for its wide array of delightful dishes, it captures the unique flavors of Taiwanese cuisine, enticing food lovers with its distinctive and delectable offerings. With a multitude of outlets spread across Malaysia, Shihlin provides a delightful culinary experience reminiscent of the vibrant night markets of Taiwan.
Now, an important question that arises is, “Is the food served at Shihlin Malaysia halal?”
Shihlin halal or not in Malaysia?
Is Shihlin halal?
No, Shihlin, a popular eatery known for its Taiwanese street snacks, is not considered halal based on the Halal Malaysia Directory provided by JAKIM at halal.gov.my.
This means that the food prepared and served at Shihlin does not strictly comply with the Islamic dietary laws as defined in the Quran.
Does Shihlin have halal certificate from JAKIM?
Shihlin, at this time, does not hold a halal certificate from JAKIM, a regulatory body responsible for the certification of halal products in Malaysia. This lack of certification implies that the food and beverages served at Shihlin may not comply with halal dietary regulations. It’s essential to note that this doesn’t necessarily mean the food is non-halal, but it does indicate the restaurant has not sought or been granted the official endorsement that its food preparation and ingredients strictly abide by Islamic dietary laws.
Having the JAKIM halal certificate involves undergoing a stringent audit and certification process to ensure full adherence to the halal standards. This includes the sourcing of ingredients, the method of preparation, and other aspects of food handling and hygiene. In the absence of this certification, Shihlin’s adherence to these principles cannot be definitively validated. Therefore, for patrons who strictly follow halal dietary guidelines, it may be prudent to bear in mind that dining at Shihlin involves a degree of uncertainty regarding the halal status of the food served.
How to verify the halal status of Shihlin?
To verify the Halal status of Shihlin, a popular Taiwanese street food chain, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the JAKIM’s Official Website: The first step is to visit the official website of the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM) at www.halal.gov.my. JAKIM is the authority responsible for Halal certification in Malaysia.
- Access the Halal Malaysia Directory: Once on the JAKIM’s website, navigate to the Halal Malaysia Directory. This comprehensive directory contains all the establishments that are certified Halal by JAKIM.
- Use the ‘Verify Halal Status’ Search Bar: In the Halal Malaysia Directory, you’ll find a search bar titled ‘Verify Halal Status’. This is where you will check the Halal status of Shihlin.
- Enter the Name of the Establishment: In the ‘Verify Halal Status’ search bar, type ‘Shihlin’ and click on the search icon. You can also use the name of a specific product if you want to verify the Halal status of a certain item on the menu.
- Check the Search Results: After clicking the search icon, the results will be displayed. If Shihlin is certified Halal by JAKIM, it will appear in the search results along with relevant details such as the validity of the certificate.
- Contact JAKIM for Further Clarification: If you have any doubts or need further clarification, you can directly contact JAKIM. They should be able to provide more information or clarify any uncertainties you have.
Remember, verifying the Halal status of any establishment or product is essential for Muslim consumers to ensure they are consuming products that align with their religious dietary rules. It’s a simple process that can provide peace of mind while enjoying your meal or product.
Why I must be careful about Shihlin halal status?
Shihlin is a popular food franchise known for its delicious Taiwanese snacks. While enjoying its delicacies is an amazing experience, certain considerations need to be kept in mind regarding its halal status. Here are the key reasons why you should be careful:
- Religious Observance: For Muslim consumers, adhering to a halal diet is a fundamental part of their religious observance. Ensuring Shihlin’s halal status is important to maintain their religious requirements.
- Cross-contamination: Even if Shihlin uses halal ingredients, there’s a potential risk of cross-contamination with non-halal food during preparation, cooking, or serving. It’s crucial to ensure the chain follows halal compliance at all stages.
- Halal Certification: Halal certification from a reputable body provides assurance that the food prepared meets the Islamic dietary guidelines. A missing or outdated certification can be a cause of concern.
- Change in Ingredients: Food franchises often change their ingredients due to supply chain issues. Such changes might inadvertently introduce non-halal ingredients into previously halal dishes.
- Variations across Locations: Certain Shihlin outlets may not adhere to halal standards due to regional variations or discrepancies in management practices. Therefore, it’s important to verify the halal status of the specific outlet you plan to visit.
- Employee Training: Employees need to be adequately trained to handle food in a manner that maintains its halal status. Lack of proper training can inadvertently lead to the violation of halal guidelines.
In conclusion, remaining cautious about Shihlin’s halal status ensures you can enjoy their tasty offerings while remaining aligned with your dietary beliefs and requirements.
How to contact Shihlin in Malaysia?
Communicating with Shihlin, a renowned franchise known for their Taiwanese street snacks, in Malaysia is quite straightforward. There are several ways through which you can reach out to them. You can use their website, call their phone number, visit their physical location, send them an email, or interact with them through social media. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to contact Shihlin Malaysia.
- Visit the Shihlin Malaysia website at https://www.shihlinsnacks.com.tw/my/.
- Find the “Contact Us” section, usually at the bottom of their website, and fill out the form with your details and query.
- Click on ‘Submit’ and wait for their response.
- Dial their direct line at +603-7886 0288.
- Be sure to call during their working hours to ensure that your call is attended to.
- You can visit their corporate office or one of their outlets if you prefer face-to-face communication.
- The corporate office is located at 12, Jalan Tandang, 46050 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
- Send them an email at [email protected]
- Ensure your email contains all relevant information and is to the point to get a speedy response.
- Shihlin Malaysia is active on several social media platforms.
- Facebook: Visit their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/shihlin.snacks and send them a direct message or post on their wall.
- Instagram: You can also send them a direct message on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/shihlinsnacks/.
- Twitter: Tweet them or send a direct message at https://twitter.com/shihlinsnacks.
Remember, Shihlin Malaysia is committed to providing excellent customer service, so don’t hesitate to reach out to them for any queries or issues you might have.