Is South Sea Seafood halal? Are you wondering whether this place is halal or not? Don’t worry; we have researched it and found the answer.
Does South Sea Seafood Have A Halal Certificate From JAKIM?
The answer is No. We’re tired of answering that question, so we went to Halal Malaysia Directory to check if they have JAKIM halal certification. You can double-check for yourself too.
You can refer to the screenshot from the JAKIM portal below:
What if the answer is Yes?
- If Yes, South Sea Chinese Restaurant Sdn Bhd, a company, has obtained halal certification from JAKIM
- However, perhaps some of the premises may not have gotten the certification yet
- This is because obtaining halal certification for each premise takes time
What if the answer is No?
- Maybe South Sea Chinese Restaurant Sdn Bhd hasn’t applied for the halal certification yet
- Possibly South Sea Chinese Restaurant Sdn Bhd has applied for it, but it hasn’t been approved
- Perhaps South Sea Chinese Restaurant Sdn Bhd is deliberately not applying
- Lastly, maybe we made a mistake and didn’t find the right keyword
- If we’re wrong, please correct us
About South Sea Seafood
South Sea Seafood is a popular seafood restaurant in Kg Baru Subang, near Subang Airport. It has been around for several decades and has become a must-visit spot for locals and tourists.
The restaurant is in a charming old house with a garden setting that adds to its appeal. Upon entering the restaurant, customers are greeted by a large fish tank containing various types of live seafood, including crabs, lobsters, prawns, and fish.
Signature foods include Creamy Butter Lobster with Bun, Steamed Estuary Grouper with Soya Sauce, Braised Abalone with Mushroom & Broccoli, Crispy Roasted Chicken, Barbecued Squid, Stir-Fried Crab with Chili Paste, Fried Mee Suah and many more.
The sight of these fresh sea creatures sets the tone for what is to come – a seafood feast.
The restaurant offers an extensive menu with many seafood dishes, including chilli crab, butter prawns, steamed fish, and grilled squid.
All dishes are prepared using fresh ingredients, and the chefs are skilled in perfectly preparing the seafood dishes. The prices are also reasonable, and customers get good value for their money.
One of the highlights of dining at South Sea Seafood is the ambience. The restaurant has a warm and welcoming atmosphere, and the staff is friendly and attentive.
Customers can choose to dine in the main dining area or in one of the private rooms that can accommodate large groups. The private rooms are ideal for family gatherings, business meetings, or special occasions.
|Brand||South Sea Seafood|
|Menu||List of South Sea Seafood menu|
|Outlet||List of South Sea Seafood outlet|
|Company||South Sea Chinese Restaurant Sdn Bhd|
|Address||No. 229, Jalan Dua A, Kampung Baru Subang, 40150, Selangor|
How To Check The Halal Status Of South Sea Seafood?
If you’re looking for information about the halal status of South Sea Seafood, then it’s easy to check on the JAKIM portal.
It is Malaysia’s official website for halal certification and provides precise and reliable information about the halal status of different products and services. With just a few clicks, you can easily determine if South Sea Seafood is certified halal.
We recommend that you double-check on JAKIM’s halal website. Have a look for yourself and be sure. The process is pretty straightforward. Just search on the Halal Malaysia Directory. Easy peasy.
Follow the steps to check the halal status of South Sea Seafood below:
- Visit https://www.halal.gov.my/v4/
- Look for the Verify Halal Status box
- Type in the keyword
- For example, type in the brand name ‘ South Sea Seafood ‘ or company name ‘South Sea Chinese Restaurant Sdn Bhd’
- Press the Search button
- If there is a JAKIM halal certificate, there will be information displayed
- If there is no JAKIM halal certificate, nothing will be displayed
How To Check Which South Sea Seafood Outlets Have Been Certified Halal By JAKIM?
So, if you’re wondering which outlets have been certified halal by JAKIM, you can just read on to find out.
However, this check can only be done if the company is certified halal. Remember, halal status on the company level is one thing. And the halal status on the premise level is one thing.
Follow these steps to check if South Sea Seafood premise has been certified halal by JAKIM:
- At the “Please Select State” section, you can leave it blank to view the list of all Malaysia states or choose from the list:
- Negeri Sembilan
- Pulau Pinang
- Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan
- Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya
- In the “Kategori / Skim” section, you will see a long list:
- Hotel & Resort
- Premis Makanan
- Menu Makanan
- Barang Gunaan
- Rumah Sembelihan
- Click on “Premis Makanan”.
The list of Name & Address of South Sea Seafood premises certified by JAKIM will be displayed.
- Please note the halal certificate’s Expiry Date.
- You’re done!
Why Is The JAKIM Halal Certificate For South Sea Seafood Important?
If a company like South Sea Seafood receives a JAKIM halal certificate, it has met the requirements and guidelines set out by the Malaysian Islamic Development Department for its premises.
These requirements include that South Sea Seafood must only use halal ingredients that comply with the law and follow Islamic guidelines.
Not only that, but they must also have a halal kitchen and follow halal guidelines for food preparation and storage.
The JAKIM halal certificate issued to South Sea Seafood allows users to identify premises that serve halal food and follow Islamic food preparation and control guidelines.
Please Be Careful
Just a reminder, as Muslims, let’s avoid making assumptions like this:
- If you see someone wearing a hijab eating inside South Sea Seafood, don’t assume the premise is confirmed halal
- If you see one of the employees wearing a hijab, don’t assume the premise is halal
- Don’t assume that just because something is labelled “No Pork, No Lard” or “No Alcohol” it’s automatically halal and okay to eat.
Yes, you can spend your money however you please.
But if you opt for permissible things that fall within the scope of halal, you can enjoy a blissful meal without guilt.
We hope that the question about South Sea Seafood halal status has been answered.
Remember, it’s important to look for halal things.
Be careful when choosing a restaurant or eatery.
May Allah protect us from haram things.
May Allah forgive our sins.
I hope this is helpful.