Teppanyaki Sdn Bhd is a renowned company in Malaysia, renowned for its exquisite dining experiences. The company specializes in Teppanyaki, a popular Japanese cuisine that involves using an iron griddle to cook food. This unique cooking style provides a visual spectacle for diners, as skilled chefs artfully prepare meals right before their eyes. Teppanyaki Sdn Bhd takes pride in offering a diverse menu that caters to various palates, blending traditional and contemporary culinary techniques.
However, in a country like Malaysia where Halal certification is crucial for the Muslim majority, the question arises: Is the food offered by Teppanyaki Sdn Bhd Halal?
Teppanyaki halal or not?
Is Teppanyaki halal?
No, Teppanyaki is not explicitly listed as halal in the official Halal Malaysia Directory provided by JAKIM at halal.gov.my.
This absence does not necessarily imply that all Teppanyaki is non-halal, but it does mean that consumers should exercise discretion and inquiry. It’s essential to note that the halal status of Teppanyaki can depend on various factors, including the type of ingredients used and the cooking methods.
Does Teppanyaki have halal certificate from JAKIM?
No, Teppanyaki does not possess a halal certificate from JAKIM. This implies that the dishes served may not conform to the halal dietary laws observed by some individuals.
Since every restaurant independently operates, the absence of a JAKIM halal certificate suggests that the establishment needs to be subjected to the meticulous verification process necessary to ensure conformity with halal dietary regulations. This process is comprehensive, involving checks on the origin and handling of ingredients, preparation methods, and the overall kitchen environment.
This detail is critical because the absence of a JAKIM halal certificate doesn’t necessarily infer the food is haram. Still, it does present uncertainty for consumers who strictly abide by halal dietary laws. Therefore, it would be prudent for patrons keen on maintaining a halal diet to seek out restaurants that have been granted this certification.
In context, a JAKIM halal certification serves as a clear indication that the establishment has been scrutinised and found to adhere to the guidelines required for halal food preparation and handling.
How to verify the halal status of Teppanyaki?
To verify the halal status of Teppanyaki, you can follow these steps:
- Check for Halal Certification: Look for a halal logo or certificate at the restaurant. This certification indicates that the food preparation and ingredients used comply with Islamic dietary laws. Make sure the certificate is up-to-date and issued by a recognized halal authority.
- Visit the JAKIM’s Halal Malaysia Directory: Go to the official website of the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (JAKIM) at halal.gov.my. They provide a comprehensive database of halal-certified products and premises.
- Use the ‘Verify Halal Status’ Search Bar: On the main page of JAKIM’s Halal Malaysia Directory, there’s a ‘Verify Halal Status’ search bar. Type in the name of the Teppanyaki restaurant you want to verify and hit the ‘Search’ button.
- Check the Search Results: If the Teppanyaki restaurant is halal-certified, it should appear in the search results. Click on the name of the restaurant to view more details, including its certification status and expiry date.
- Investigate the Source of Ingredients: If the restaurant is not in the database or if you have further doubts, ask the restaurant about the source of their ingredients. They should be able to provide the necessary proof that their ingredients are halal-certified.
- Observe Food Preparation Practices: Watch how the food is being prepared. There should be no cross-contamination between halal and non-halal foods, and the cooking utensils used for halal food should be separate.
Remember, doing your due diligence is important to ensure the Teppanyaki you consume complies with halal standards. When in doubt, it’s always better to ask for more information or look for another halal-certified restaurant.
Why I must be careful about Teppanyaki halal status?
Teppanyaki can offer a unique dining experience. However, if you adhere to a halal diet, you must be careful about its halal status. Here’s why:
- Ingredients: Teppanyaki uses a variety of ingredients for preparation, including sauces and marinades that may contain alcohol or non-halal meat derivatives.
- Cooking utensils and equipment: If the same utensils and griddle are used to prepare both halal and non-halal foods, there could be cross-contamination.
- Meat sourcing: The meat used in Teppanyaki dishes may not be sourced from halal-certified suppliers, which means it may not be slaughtered according to Islamic law.
- Seafood selection: Although most seafood is generally considered halal, some schools of thought exclude certain types, like shellfish.
- Alcohol usage: Some Teppanyaki dishes may be flambéed with alcohol or use it in the cooking process, which isn’t permissible in a halal diet.
- Certification: Not all restaurants offering Teppanyaki are halal-certified, so it’s essential to check for certification to ensure dietary adherence.
By being mindful of these points, you can enjoy a Teppanyaki dining experience while staying true to your halal dietary principles.
How to contact Teppanyaki in Malaysia?
If you’re looking to reach Teppanyaki in Malaysia, there are several avenues available for you to get in touch. These methods include their official website, phone number, physical address, email, and various social media platforms. Here’s a comprehensive guide:
- Website: The first and easiest way to contact Teppanyaki is by visiting their official website. While specific details for Teppanyaki Malaysia might not be directly available online, you can check out www.teppanyaki.com.my for more information about their services, menus, and general inquiries.
- Phone Number: If you prefer a direct conversation with a representative, calling Teppanyaki would be your best bet. Although specific phone numbers may vary by location, you can find the phone number of the nearest Teppanyaki outlet in Malaysia through a quick Google search or by visiting your preferred online directory.
- Physical Address: To pay a visit or send a mail, Teppanyaki’s physical address would be necessary. There are several Teppanyaki restaurants scattered across Malaysia. You just need to locate the one nearest to you. Again, their addresses can be found through a quick online search or their official website.
- Email: While Teppanyaki might not have a direct email address available for public use, you can still drop a message through the contact form on their website. This is a great way to send inquiries, give feedback, or request for specific services.
- Social Media: Teppanyaki is active on several social media platforms. You can reach out to them through either Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. These platforms are perfect for interacting with the brand, getting updates about their services, and also for customer service inquiries.
Remember, while these are general methods through which Teppanyaki can be reached, the actual availability of these options might vary depending on your location in Malaysia and the specific Teppanyaki restaurant you want to reach. Always double-check the contact information for the outlet nearest to you.