BananaBro is an authentic banana leaf restaurant chain in Malaysia. They serve banana leaf rice, representing the Malaysian culture. They offer a unique fusion of Indian traditional and contemporary culinary styles.
BananaBro is halal-certified. It has been granted halal certification by Jabatan Kemajuan Islam Malaysia (JAKIM), also known as the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia. The halal certification might only apply to specific outlets. As of recent findings, at least ten outlets have been halal-certified, with others obtaining the halal certification.
BananaBro halal or not?
Is Bananabro halal?
Yes, at the time of writing, Bananabro is halal certified. HTFU Restaurants Sdn Bhd, a company behind BananaBro, is listed in JAKIM’s Halal Malaysia Directory at halal.gov.my.
This certification signifies that their food and handling processes comply with Islamic dietary laws, allowing Muslim customers to consume their products confidently.
Does Bananabro have halal certificate from JAKIM?
Indeed, Bananabro possesses a halal certificate from JAKIM. This affirmation means that the food offered by the establishment is prepared in compliance with halal standards. The certification is a testament to the restaurant’s commitment to upholding these standards, indicating that every aspect from food sourcing to preparation methods aligns with Islamic dietary laws.
Therefore, for those following these dietary laws, the certificate assures that the food served at Bananabro is permissible, or ‘halal’.
Having a halal certificate from JAKIM is a large feat. This is because the restaurant has undergone an extensive and rigorous certification process to verify its adherence to Islamic dietary laws. This involves a comprehensive assessment of all aspects of food production, which includes meticulous inspection of the ingredients used, the hygiene of the preparation areas, and the cleaning processes for utensils and equipment.
Therefore, the JAKIM halal certification that Bananabro holds guarantees halal compliance and underlines the restaurant’s dedication to maintaining high-quality standards in its offerings.
Please refer to the screenshot from the JAKIM portal below:
How to check the halal status of Bananabro?
Follow the steps to check the halal status of Bananabro below:
- Visit https://www.halal.gov.my/v4/
- Look for the Verify Halal Status box
- Type in the keyword
- For example, type in the brand name ‘ Bananabro ‘ or company name ‘HTFU Restaurants Sdn Bhd’
- Press the Search button
- If there is a JAKIM halal certificate, there will be information displayed
- If there is no JAKIM halal certificate, nothing will be displayed
How to check which Bananabro uutlets have been certified halal by JAKIM?
Follow these steps to check if Bananabro premise has been certified halal by JAKIM:
- At the “Please Select State” section, you can leave it blank to view the list of all Malaysia states or choose from the list:
- Negeri Sembilan
- Pulau Pinang
- Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Wilayah Persekutuan Labuan
- Wilayah Persekutuan Putrajaya
- In the “Kategori / Skim” section, you will see a long list:
- Hotel & Resort
- Premis Makanan
- Menu Makanan
- Barang Gunaan
- Rumah Sembelihan
- Click on “Premis Makanan”.
The list of Name & Address of Bananabro premises that have been certified by JAKIM will be displayed.
- Please take note of the Expiry Date of the halal certificate.
- You’re done!
Why is the JAKIM halal certificate for Bananabro important?
JAKIM’s Halal certificate is absolutely crucial for any food business in Malaysia, Bananabro included, due to numerous reasons. These reasons not only encompass religious aspects but also the business benefits that this certification can provide. Here are the top reasons why the JAKIM halal certificate is essential for Bananabro:
- Consumer Trust: The JAKIM Halal certificate builds trust among customers. For the majority Muslim population in Malaysia, having a Halal certificate assures them that the food is prepared according to Islamic dietary laws.
- Market Expansion: The Halal food market is vast, and not just limited to Malaysia. Globally, the demand for Halal food is skyrocketing. By owning a Halal certificate from JAKIM, Bananabro can expand its scope to cater to an international audience.
- Legal Requirement: In Malaysia, it is a legal requirement for food businesses catering to Muslims to hold a Halal certificate. Therefore, it is important for Bananabro to comply with the rules and regulations of the country.
- Quality Assurance: The process to obtain a Halal certificate from JAKIM involves stringent guidelines and inspections. This ensures that the food quality, hygiene, and safety measures taken by Bananabro meet high standards, enhancing its reputation as a quality food provider.
- Competitive Advantage: In a country where there are numerous competitors in the food industry, having a JAKIM Halal certificate acts as a unique selling proposition (USP) for Bananabro, making them stand out from the competition.
- Financial Gains: As the Halal food market continues to grow, businesses with Halal certification have the potential to see a significant increase in profits. This is due to the expanding consumer base that seeks Halal-certified products.
- Social Responsibility: By having a JAKIM Halal certificate, Bananabro is showing its commitment to serving the needs of the Muslim community, which makes up the majority of Malaysia’s population. It shows respect and consideration for their religious beliefs and dietary restrictions.
Bananabro halal certificate is an important aspect of Bananabro’s business operations, contributing to its reputation, customer trust, and overall market growth.
BananaBro menu and price in Malaysia
Here’s a summary of BananaBro’s menu and prices as of October 2023:
Combo 1: Chicky Set
- 1x Craving Set + 3 pcs papadum, 1x Curry (Fish/Chicken/Carb/Dhal Curry), 1x side dish (Chicken Varuval or Mum’s Fried Chicken), 1x Mineral water: RM24.70
Combo 2: Seafood Sensation
- 1x Craving Set + 3 pcs papadum, 1x Curry (Fish/Chicken/Carb/Dhal Curry), 1x side dish: Fried Tengiri, 1x Mineral water: RM28.70
Combo 3: Veganation
- 1x Craving Set + 3 pcs papadum, 1x Curry (Fish/Chicken/Carb/Dhal Curry), 1x side dish: Gobi Manchurian, 1x Mineral water: RM26.70.
- White Rice & 3 Bbro Veggies, 3 pcs Papadum, 1x Curry: RM12.90
Side Dishes (Non-Vege)
- Chicken Varuval: RM7.90
- Butter Chicken: RM9.90
- Mutton Varuval: RM19.90
- Fried Tengiri: RM11.90
- Mum’s Fried Chicken: RM7.90
- Chicken 65: RM8.90
- Ayam Goreng Berempah: RM7.90
- Fried Squid Ring: RM11.90
Side Dishes (Vege)
- Chicken Masala (Vegan): RM9.90
- Gobi Manchurian: RM9.90
- Mutton Masala (Vegan): RM9.90
- Fried Peria: RM6.90
- Gobi 65: RM7.90
- Onion Pakora: RM8.90
- Teh Tarik LAWA: RM4.90
- Lassi Mango: RM8.90
- Lassi Original: RM8.90
- Teh O Limau: RM4.90
- Teh O: RM4.90
- Teh Halia: RM4.90
- Sirap: RM4.90
- Sirap Bandung: RM4.90
- Sirap Limau: RM4.90
- Kopi: RM4.90
- Kopi O: RM4.90
- Nescafe: RM4.90
- Milo: RM4.90
- Coke: RM4.50
- 100 Plus: RM4.50
- Mineral water: RM3.90.
- BananaBro Side Kick: RM8.90
- Banana Leaf Craving Set: (comes with rice, four choices of curry, papadum, rasam & yoghurt): RM12.90.
- 1 Pax Combo Chicky Set: (includes Craving Meal, Teh O Ice, Ayam Goreng Berempah, 3 pcs Papadum, BBRO curry of choice): from RM 17.60
- Seafood Sensation Based Set: (includes Craving Meal, Teh O Ice, Fried Squid Rings, 3 pcs Papadum, BBRO curry of choice): from RM 19.60.
How to contact Bananabro in Malaysia?
You can contact Bananabro via a variety of methods. If you’re interested in their menu, want to organise an event, or need to solve an issue, they offer multiple channels to get in touch. Here’s how you can reach out to them:
- Website: Visit their official website at https://www.bananabro.com.my/. Here, you can find information about their menu, special offers, and various other details related to their services.
- Phone: You can reach them by calling their contact number +603-27324605. While their phone number may vary based on location, you can usually find these details on their official website or Google Maps page.
- Address: Bananabro has several outlets across Malaysia. You can visit their nearest outlet for a direct face-to-face conversation. Again, the addresses of their outlets can be found on their official website or Google Maps.
- Email: Another way to contact Bananabro is via email at [email protected]. This is especially useful for detailed inquiries or official communication. You can find their email address on the contact page of their official website.
- Social Media: Bananabro is active on various social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. You can reach out to them by dropping a message, posting on their wall, or tagging them in your posts.
Choose the right channel based on the nature of your query, a question about “BananaBro halal atau tidak“, or any other issues. For instance, social media and email might be more suitable for non-urgent queries, while phone calls would be better for immediate assistance.